Many thanks for your interest in our LLM! We accept and review applications on a rolling basis. We recommend prospective students to apply as soon as possible, as the selection will be closed once the full quota of maximum 40 qualifying candidates is reached. Before applying, it is of course essential to check out our Admission Requirements as well as Scholarship Opportunities.
€5400 for academic year 2018/2019 (including e.g. a field trip to the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg)
Study materials: ca. €500
Please complete and upload the following, so that we can process your application as soon as possible:
- Carefully filled-in application form (Word) [PDF]
- Official copies of academic records (grades) and final Law Degree
- Certificate of proficiency in English (if non-native speaker) (TOEFL, IELTS, CPE, CAE or ITACE C1)
- One photograph
- Two confidential written reference letters are to be supplied separately by the referees. [Word]
(At least one of the letters must concern the applicant’s academic work. The hand signed copy of the confidential personal reference form should be sent directly by the referee by e-mail to email@example.com)
In addition to the affordable tuition, the Programme itself offers a limited number of scholarships:
- The PILC Alumni generously wants to give back to the Programme. We have set up for this purpose the PILC Alumni Scholarship Fund . The applications for this fund follow the same procedure as the waivers noted below.
- IES Scholarships take the form of partial tuition waivers. The waivers are awarded on the basis of a separate request, submitted as a part of the application for the Programme. The waivers are awarded upon an assessment of merit and demonstrable need.
The Vrije Universiteit Brussel yearly awards a number of scholarships for advanced studies at Master or Advanced Master level. The candidates are also advised to carefully explore the possibilities of obtaining financial assistance in their home countries. For more information, please see the Vrije Universiteit Brussel’s webpage ‘Financing your studies’.
Other scholarships may be available from the following sources:
- Rotary Foundation Fellowships may be available. Candidates should contact the Rotary Foundation within their district.
- Within the framework of bilateral cultural agreements concluded by Belgium or the Flemish Community, fellowships are offered to students in a number of countries. Interested students should inquire directly with the relevant Ministry in their home country or the Belgian Embassy.